Collection: Leatherwork tools for Beginners
Because we have often been asked what tools are needed for leathercraft beginners, you can find our suggestions here. Depending on the project chosen, the tools required may be different. We present here a general list, which we hope will be helpful, whether you want to start making bracelets, belts, wallets, or bags.
The vast majority of projects need some universal action, in this order:
- Mark on the skin the shapes to be cut;
- Cut the skin;
- Position the pieces and glue;
- After gluing, the project must be pressed, hammered or shaped;
- Dye the leather surface, if necessary;
- Sew the project;
- Finish the edges with edge paint.
We hope it helps you!